May 8, 2014

Homemade Crispy Calamari

This was a very easy recipe I modified from Allrecipes. There are 6 ingredients all together and I finished this within an hour. It was a great addition to the Creamy Pesto Fettuccine I made and this was a hit with my friends and family that tried it.  


Ingredients

  • 3 cups of canola oil 
  • 12 squid rings (I realized afterward I had used too many!)
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
** serve with lemon

Instructions

1. Defrost your squid rings (if frozen) by running in cold water for a few minutes. DO NOT run in hot water as this will cook it. Drain and set aside. 


2. Throw in all of your dry ingredients into a bowl - this will make the batter for the squid rings: flour, salt, oregano and ground black pepper.


3. Stir!


4. One ring at time, rub the dry mixture onto the squid ring like so:



5. Put cooking oil in a pot or skillet on medium heat:


6. Put several squid rings in (you can attempt to do all at once if there is room) for 3 minutes total.


7. Remove and put on papertowel to remove the oil, and then serve!


Bon appétit!
 
To receive updates, follow me on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.
You can also subscribe to this blog via BlogLovin

See more posts on recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment