May 7, 2014

Creamy Pesto Fettuccine

I'm a big fan of all things pesto, so when contemplating my next pasta I really wanted to include this as a main ingredient. 





This recipe is modified from Creamy Pesto Shrimp, upon going to the grocery store - I realized that the shrimp was more expensive than I anticipated, so I decided to use frozen squid rings and make homemade Calamari instead.

Ingredients

  • 1 pound of pasta of your choice, I chose Fettuccine
  • 1/2 cup butter 
  • 2 cups half and half cream (you can choose heavy cream, but I decided to go with a healthier alternative)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/3 cup Basil Pesto 

Instructions


 1. Boil your pasta until desired tenderness, drain and set aside.


2. Melt your utter, and add the cream, stir and heat for 6-8 minutes. 





3. Add pepper and gradually add Parmesan cheese while stirring.
 

4. Next add 1/3 cup of pesto sauce and stir. 

 

5. Voila! Serve on top of your pasta:




I decided to garnish with Italian Parsley and serve with homemade Crispy Calamari.


Bon appétit!
 
To receive updates, follow me on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.
You can also subscribe to this blog via BlogLovin.

See more posts on recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment