Apr 28, 2014

Costume-Con 32: My Cosplay as Lara Croft

My Cosplay:



Just to be clear, I have never cosplayed before. Halloween costumes were store bought and usually meant to be fun and generic. I was adamant on doing a character from a show or game that I least watched/played and not some character that I had "heard of". So that was important for me. 

For my first ever con, I wanted to ensure that there was some sort of "put it together myself" component involved. So I thrifted/purchased most of the individual details of the costume (which was not elaborate and not expensive) and it was actually a lot of fun showing up my thrown together costume. It was much more gratifying than purchasing something ready-made in a "usual" halloween store. 



Costume-Con 32, three part series: 

The Inspiration

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is actually a game I played, I love it because its co-op 


Screen cap from the game "Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light". 


Getting Ready


 

Photoshoot Photos

These were taken by the harbourfront








Costume Con Hallway Photos





What to Cosplay next time? 

There are sooo many cosplays I would love to try! One right now would be female versions of heroes, so specifically Assassin's Creed:


So many ideas.

Cheers!
 
To receive updates, follow me on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.
You can also subscribe to this blog via BlogLovin.

See more posts on photography and cosplay

No comments:

Post a Comment