Apr 27, 2014

Costume-Con 32 Day 2: More photographs

Day 2:



Some con-photography tricks I learned as a result of taking pictures on the first day: 
  • Give Directions: On the way to Costume-Con 32, day 2 Nancy gave me some good advice regarding taking hallway pictures - specifically on not being afraid to give people direction! The result? My pictures were MUCH better. I didn't have a dead-pan look in most of my photos.
  • Be aware of whats in the background: I also noticed the pictures I had taken on day one - there were a lot of people in the background, garbage bins, chairs, etc. Using a blank wall was more effective
  • Individual vs. Group Photos: Asking for individual photos rather than group photos of unrelated costumes didn't really make for good pictures - things were out of context and not as... effective. 
  • Good portrait lens: I wish I brought a lens that would have better bokeh/blurred background so that I wouldn't have to do so much  post-processing editing.

Costume-Con 32, three part series: 


Day 1 / Day 2 / My Cosplay

Photos from Costume Con 32




























Taffyta Muttonfudge from Wreck it Ralph played by Melanie Colley, find her on her tumblrDeviantart and Cosplay.com






Sarah from Imai Cosplay playing as her Blood Elf Warrior. 

John Beck @ Fitnesz4u playing as a hoplite.

John Beck @ Fitnesz4u playing as a hoplite.








Cosplay featuring Naru (right) and Haruchii (left)










The faun from Pan's Labyrinth played by Melanie Colley, find her on her tumblrDeviantart and Cosplay.com profile



Cheers!
 
To receive updates, follow me on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook.
You can also subscribe to this blog via BlogLovin.

See more posts on cosplay

1 comment: