Dec 16, 2013

Spinach Fettuccine with Homemade Alfredo Sauce





Original recipe from Allrecipes.com : Chicken Alfredo.

I stopped by my local bulk barn and picked up Spinach Fettuccine, which I was excited to work with!

Ingredients




  • Spinach Fettuccine uncooked pasta
  • 8 oz of cream cheese (room temperature) [one package]
  • 6 tablespoons of butter
  • 1/2 cup of milk 
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Salt and pepper to season
Note: If cream cheese is not at room temperature, cold cream cheese has a tendency to clump and not combine well with butter. 

Step-by-Step Instructions


1. Boil Pasta to desired tenderness, or a la dante. The magic boiling time I always use is 12 minutes, as I like my pasta to be soft. 


2. Drain and set aside. Run cool water through to prevent fettuccine from sticking to each other. 


3. Next in a sauce pan, put in 6 tablespoons of butter and 8 ounces (1 package) of cream cheese on medium heat:

I like to slice up the cream cheese so that there is more surface area and it melts more quickly. 

4. Add half a cup of milk gradually into mixture while stirring:



Mix until you get this texture:


5. Add garlic powder, season with a little bit of salt and pepper to taste:


6. Mix the sauce and Fettuccine together. Here I am serving it with Crispy Ginger-Lime Chicken


To receive updates, follow me on InstagramTwitter and on Facebook. You can also subscribe to this blog via BlogLovin

No comments:

Post a Comment